Sunday, October 16, 2011

On Today's Episode...

Today's post (and the ones coming after it) deal with something that has become something of a theme for my life: "Serendipity". What is serendipity, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. Serendipity was explained to me once as... well, it's what you call it when you're on a journey to find something of great value only to discover something of greater value along the way. So how does this concept of serendipity come into play in my life?

As you may recall, when last I updated about my life recap since 2010, I was just about to take my first steps into a Singles' Ward. I ended up the in the Bluffdale ward, where I was pursuing what I perceived as something of great value aforementioned in the preceding paragraph. What was my goal? What was I pursuing? First of all, I was pursuing somewhere I could belong. Also, I was pursuing some potential candidates for dates and what not, and opportunities to serve.

As mentioned in a previous post, I also felt like I wanted to join an LDS fraternity at the University of Utah. Now, you must understand that I was not all for the initiative for making a bunch of guy friends. I wanted to go on more dates, meet more girls, etc. So with that goal in mind, I decided to attend the LDS Fraternity/Sorority Rush Night in January. I have a cousin who was a member of one of the chapters within the Frat. I figured that would be a good starting place; you know, having someone I know already in a Chapter would take the pressure off of making new friends and worrying about making a good impression and all that. It's an amazing thing to look back and see the specific influences that led me to the chapter that means so much to me now... Nu.

As a matter of fact, I attribute my membership within the Nu to two people... of course there's Him (and of course, His Father)... aaaaannnnddd.....

This guy. More to come in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment