Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Last time...

Last time I left off on an enigmatic note meant to instill a sense of wonder and anticipation for the subsequent post... this being that post. Well, while there is something significant about me and my life that I have been sensing for a while, I don't feel like putting it on the internet. If you really want to know, text me or call me or something.

For now, let's continue the exploits of Kevin in the year 2011. (Rhyme. Heh.) So finally, I decided to let go of a lot of my selfishness and disdain for things like Singles' Wards and the like, and whaddaya know, my life improved quite a bit. I was becoming more and more involved, and once again we can see the Lord's hand guiding me about; putting me in places where I needed to be.

After I received my calling as Ward Activities Co-Chair in the Bluffdale ward, I was simultaneously called to participate in one of the subcommittees for the Young Single Adult Summit, as I was replacing the guy who was previously the Activities Co-Chair. Now, I don't know if that was even supposed to happen during the replacement process. However, as it turns out, it was definitely meant to be. On that committee, I found myself very passionate about singles' events and the like, and found a new sense of purpose, the likes I hadn't felt since the mission.

The Summit was worth every single second. I didn't necessarily meet any new friends or anything like that (it was more like making stronger relationships with friends I already had), but I did have a lot of fun and learn valuable lessons that still stick with me. Also, I volunteered to be the MC for the keynote address, which was a riot. I love being in front of people, and I was kinda halfway hoping that increased exposure would make it easier for me to talk to people and vice versa. I think it kinda worked... Ha ha!

The truly amazing thing here is my involvement with the Summit is something that I couldn't have made happen on my own even if I tried. The timing, the place, the people... everything was well-prepared by He who knows all. That means He gives... and He takes. See ya next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment