Monday, September 26, 2011

My Ordinary(?) Life, cont'd.

Hey! I got the picture thing figured out! So, since I only have about five minutes to write this post, I will just use the picture above to tease upcoming posts. Since I'm such...a... you know... um... tease.

Where I left off last time, I was finally going to try to change some things around. With my bro Christopher in tow, we both took the next weeks after the first of January to essentially go "ward-hopping". Yes, I realize that such is and was considered somewhat taboo, but we just wanted to find a ward where we felt like we could do some good, serve hard, have fun, and just as importantly, meet girls.

So after going to several different wards, I found myself really quite attached to the Bluffdale ward. And for good reason! I had many friends from high school in that ward, and not two weeks in, my brother and I were asked to be a part of an musical Easter ensemble. It just so happened (or perhaps not) that at the time, I sort of had kind of a crush on a gal in the ward, (Spoiler alert: It didn't pan out. Heck, it didn't even pan) which was my initial reason to stay in that ward. As I stuck it out, though, I found myself enjoying it more and more. Oh yeah! Going back the ensemble, I was asked by the mother of an old friend of mine to participate.... coincidence or not, I must say I was glad to feel needed again. It had been a long time.

Come the end of April, I received a calling in that ward. And I must say that I have never felt intimidated or nervous about any calling until this one arrived. The calling? Ward Activities Co-Chair. Now, I know some of you (I think there are maybe three of you that might read this...heh) might be thinking, "What? Outgoing Social Butterfly Kevin?! Intimidated by that calling?" Well, I guess it is time to reveal something...

While I try to be outgoing, I don't like planning parties or activities. Like, not even a little bit.

While I don't know exactly why that is, what I do know is that planning parties or activities stresses me out so bad. My taste in what is fun isn't likely to be what others would consider "fun" to some extent, and the thought that I would plan something that people wouldn't enjoy is petrifying. How silly.

 For example, I would rather be at a small gathering of a few friends and have meaningful conversation than go to a crowded dance hall packed with 300 people. Not that I don't enjoy dances. I love them, in fact... given that they don't resemble the ones that I posted about two years ago. Anyhow, I guess the giant "Nu" will have to wait for two posts. I said I would only take five minutes, and I took ten. See ya in a bit!



2 comments:

  1. Life begins with Nu, and ends with Nu... I doubt that is the Nu you are talking about. Stolen Mops aside, it's good to read your thoughts about Singles' Wards. While I never attended one as a single, I have seen the good and the bad and know that there is far more good to be had than bad. It usually boils down to the the individuals' attitudes and not really what the ward does (or who runs it). Enough of my rants for now. Nu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suddenly, Zeal's theme plays... how very mysterious.

    ReplyDelete