Friday, September 23, 2011

From the ashes...

Welcome to Kevin Neff's and his Random Rants Part II: The Revenge!!!! Or something like that. As I perused my past postings (gotta love alliteration), I noticed that... well, pretty much, A LOT HAS CHANGED SINCE FEBRUARY 2010. So, if I'm gonna be serious about doing this blog thing again, what I need is a fresh coat of paint, renewed motivation and some new-found raison d'etre for good measure. So in order to kick off this new season of the ever-popular (special shout out to my one follower) blog, Kevin Neff and his Random Rants, I am going to present a clip-show style with a special preview of things to come.

Let me first direct you to some posts that I'm still somewhat proud of.

My posts about "Being that guy", "Xbox and Halo", "The Real Story Behind Me and the Rivalry", "Jiminy Cricket", "Olfactory Senses", and... well, that's about it.

Now, as far as what you have all missed since Feb 2010, here we go. Deep breath.

*Shortly after the admittedly bitter Feb post about Valentine's Day, I began dating a girl whose name will remain concealed, so for the purposes of this blog, we will call her Leona. Not Lewis, but Leona. Try not to think of bleeding love throughout this post.
*During my relationship with her, I experienced many things. Not the least of which being what it's like to have an official "girlfriend", my first kiss, and many lessons on what love should and more importantly, what love should not be like. Don't blame her, though. I really had no idea what I was doing, and essentially confused infatuation and the excitement of the new with what real love should be.
*(We are now friends again, after some really rough patches. She's engaged. And I am really happy for her!)
* However, it wasn't wasted time. I learned a lot of things, and another important lesson is to really pay attention to the promptings of the spirit. Additionally, I came to understand and forgive the person who made my 2010 Valentine's Day so bitter. I realized that it is no fun to have to tell someone who is deeply, madly in love with you that you don't return those feelings. Watching the light go out of her eyes and sensing her heart break was like watching myself experience the same thing all over again. But you gotta live and learn.
*That Summer, I auditioned for and got into Pirates of Penzance at Hale Center Theater. There I met some completely wonderful people who I still am in touch with today. And no, I don't mean "we're Facebook friends", but people that I have spent time with outside the show and really come to be good friends with! (Sorry for ending that sentence in a preposition.)
*I haven't made it into a show since then... and after the Leona relationship was over (it officially ended come February 2011), I realized I was in a rut. I was still in the same calling in my home ward, same school curriculum, and was making zero progress towards eternal marriage.
*Since then, I resolved to finally move on with my life and go the Singles' Ward. And that's where I'll pick up later. :)

PREVIEW: Nu, Singles' Ward, and more of the bits that have made my life so wonderful recently!

Kevin Neff








No comments:

Post a Comment