Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Night night night, love love love.

So there's a holiday today. It's called Valentine's Day. Now, in theory, I have nothing whatsoever against this holiday. I usually get candy and such. No big deal. Anyhow, instead of complaining about how single I am (which I hear is a GREAT way to woo the ladies) or talking about how stupid/commercial this holiday is, I am going to instead attempt to write impromptu prose on the enigma wrapped in a riddle wrapped in a conundrum submerged in an abyss of W.T.H-E-C-K that is "Love". I call it... "Love is Like".

Love is like, like is love.
Love is like birds flying above.
Love apparently flies in formations like V's,
just like swans, ducks, ganders and geese.

Love is great, love is grand.
Love is lovely when you hold a hand.
But not a severed one, for that is gross.
It's not very pleasant, no, not even close.

Love is better than ice cream and cake,
love is better than eating pie for goodness' sake.
Pie is good, pie is fab,
pie is like... hold it. Let me get back on track.

Love is good, good is love.
Love is finding a fitting glove.
Except for it's not.
It's more like...um, something. Rhyming..uh, bot.

Love is me, love is you.
Ask Frank Wildhorn; he thought so too. (True story)
Love is a song, love is a dance,
love is like some guy named Lance.

Love is like love is love
love love love love love
lovelovelovelovelovelove.
Somebody get me a Pulitzer already.

-Kevin Neff
(P.S. If you want me to tell you what I REALLY think love is, call me or ask me in person or something.)

RANDOM TIME!
Tell me this isn't the most sickeningly smarmy love song ever. Tell me.






No comments:

Post a Comment