Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gratitude, dude!

Given that Thanksgiving is coming up in T-minus, like, 12 hours or so, you'd think I would want to write some gushy post where I list all the things I am grateful for. You know, like, rainbows, family, snow, music, and the like. Instead, I'm going to just rant about everything I HATE about everything!

Just foolin'! Gratitude is seriously the cure for what ails you. If you really want something emo, look no further than Another Side (to the right), which started out as a way for me to kind of just get out feelings about whatever, and now I find to be kind of funny. Not the content, per se... what was I talking about again? Ah yes, Thanksgiving... And now for a list of things for which I am exceedingly grateful (I promise I'll stop doing lists soon; otherwise this blog is getting renamed Kevin L Neff and His Random Lists).

First and foremost, I am grateful for my family. They are seriously the best ever. (Sorry, rest of the planet.) I am especially grateful for them now because, well, I hardly see them anymore. I mean, from around 7:00am to 7:00pm, I am either at work or school, and once I get home, I usually have homework or some other activity to take up my time until about 11:30pm. Now that I work on Saturdays, my time is even more limited. Any chance I get to see them is great!

I am grateful for the gospel in my life. A lot of people say that, but I mean it. I mean, I associate with people who don't have a sense of purpose; whose lot they feel is to wander around in life and that nothing else matters. On a related note, I am grateful for my ward. I am grateful for the friends that I have made in my ward. I know that very few of you read my blog, but just know that I am glad to have you in my life. Even if I can't accept every invitation, I still very much appreciate it. Y'all send me a text sometime, or call, or comment, or whatever, eh?

I am grateful for a heck of a lot of other things too... like my talents, my job, my education, food, shelter, clothing, a warm bed, video games, movies, nature, snow, super awesome music, my car... gosh, there's so much to be thankful for. (Whoa, Josh Groban suddenly springs to mind... Hey, wait. Shouldn't he have said "There's so much for which to be thankful"? Grammar...).

To you and yours, wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving! Go thank somebody for something today!

No comments:

Post a Comment