Friday, October 2, 2009

Meh

I probably should have said something in my last post about September 11th, acknowledged that it was Marie's birthday, or something. Instead I talked about Spanish and Video Games. Life is like that sometimes. Heck, I didn't even remember that it was 9/11 until I just looked at my blog today. In other news, I have found that I type like a million times faster when I am looking to the right of left of the computer. Why that is, I have no idea. Since I am at a loss for words or text, I will just go ahead and steal a blog post from one of my favorite authors.

"Just cut off a guy while driving. Didn’t mean to. I just didn’t see him when I switched lanes.
So the guy revved his engine and pulled up alongside my car to presumably give me the finger.
But I didn’t see his angry face. Or his angry finger... All due to my new visualization technique. Which is this:

Every time I anger another driver, I don’t look at him. Instead, I imagine that he is Jiminy Cricket. Singing “When You Wish Upon a Star.”Then I don’t get mad. Because it’s hard to be mad at a singing cricket.

This particular singing cricket let loose with a whole host of un-Jiminy-like profanities.
But that’s okay. I didn’t hear them. I heard: “Anything your heart desires will come to youuuuuu.”

Good ol’ Jiminy.

Stephan Pastis is a funny man.

No comments:

Post a Comment